27.8.26

New Core Memories at 36

Salaam, everyone!

Can't believe it's 2026 already and as I mentioned many times before, new year meaning new age (count) for me. I didn't write anything in 2025 because I was busy living my life (ha-ha). It took great courage to finally open this 2013 laptop again. I mean, I'm (still) a stay at home mother and not required to open my laptop frequently like I used to be - like, 8 years ago. If I need anything, my gadgets are satisfying enough to accommodate my needs: seeing my social media updates, watching the series that I rarely finish - brain rot is real - and sometimes doing the creative commissions that coming once or twice a year lol.

Anyway. To refresh the page, I'll try to write some life updates that was happened in these 2 years.

The Driver License

I got my first driver license! Lol can't believe I finally got that after several hours (in 2 months) of learning. The sessions felt like nightmare, btw. The tutor, a middle aged man who constantly whining about how low he was paid to teach us, was not that patient. He forgot everything every time we did the session. There was one time that he asked me to drive so long and assuming I had already expert, he frustrated a lot seeing how I couldn't take the turn smoothly - it was my 2nd session btw. To be fair, I had zero experience on the road I can't even ride a bike! In the end, by some observations I finally understood that all those times, he WANTED TO BE TIPPED lol. I watched him so kind to the other students who gave him tips like a hundred thousand rupiahs per session. I mean, my husband already paid bunch to the provider I didn't know we need to pay extra for the tutor. No wonder he was so mean OMG.

In this economy, now it is understandable. I forgave him. Wouldn't recommend to anyone, tho.

But no, I haven't use that permit again. The traffic in my area is so scary I just can't. Maybe in this 2026 I will practice more.

Riding a Bike

I mentioned many times that I was not able to ride a bike - a skill that was supposed to be mastered while we were very young (my kids unlocked this when they were 4). Looking back, I didn't have any bike when I was little. The only bike I've tried to ride was my older brother's. It was small, old and rusty. I gave up on my first try riding that bike once the additional tires were removed. Because it was too scary and my Bapa didn't gave me the assurance that I would master it. Later on, the bike was broken and I never revisit that moment again.

My husband has known this fact and gave me a warm smile as usual without a single mock - and then bought me a Senator back in 2020. I didn't have the courage to learn again until half a decade later. It was a year before my first born would enter the primary school. The school that we loved was too far to be reached on foot. Using car in Mystic Falls would be the last option because of bad traffic and whatnot. We didn't have help at home, we kind of keep it to our own. Who'd drop and fetch the kids to their school? It's us. Thus I finally found the strong why. Learn it or your kids would be stuck on that area with not many school option available that matched our necessity. 

Long story short, in a week, I was finally able to ride that Senator. One core memory has been unlocked and I kind of want to brag about it but it was embarrassing, too. And I must tell you that learning to ride a bike in your 30s was a very different experience. I needed more time just to make the "yes I can" affirmation. A lot of worries of being injured etc. But alhamdulillah, with Mr. Darcy's help and positive affirmation, I can do it too.

I continued my learning and now, it was almost a year of me riding my electrical bike (it was handy and really popular with us moms lol) conquering the sub urbs. Never prouder. But no, I haven't learn to ride a motorbike yet. Maybe some other time, when I found another strong why. Right now, that small electrical bike is very convenient for us: a small mom and two regular sized kindergarten & primary kids lol).

Confronted: Not a Fond Memory

Can you believe it? I had some conflicts with our new neighbor (I must add, they're gen Z) and yet the person had the courage to confront me in front of my guests and kids? So she's been living next door in our neighborhood and everyone - I mean EVERYONE - knows that she's LOUD, screaming all the time when she had arguments with her husband or kid, and she NEVER sleep. She does Live singing and mooching for money on TikTok instead at UNGODLY HOUR while every other normal people is sleeping. We tried to remind her but she'd ignore everything. Until one day exactly three weeks ago, somehow she pointed her finger on me. She said I reported her to the security. Which was not exactly what happened if only she'd care to listen. She came at my door while I was having another guests and screaming at me, accusing me of this and that. Like. Literally mad at me, cursing and such.

We'd never met face to face until that day. 

Never in a million years I imagined that my circle would interfere with someone that came from a very messed up environment (smoking, lots of nongkrong singing and such - confirmed), has no manner and even she had her own fans on TikTok. Like can you imagine? I've never once met such people so I was surprised by how they handled problems. Without learning the truth, she dare to scream, whine while telling people that we must understand her because she was pregnant. Well I've pregnant too. More than twice and I don't remember that being pregnant makes you have a biatch pass to do whatever you want.

I'm not a perfect person myself. But this makes me realize that I've mostly surrounded by kindhearted people. And I've taken this for granted all this years.

Thank Allah we have such understanding and kind neighbors and they knew exactly what's the real situation. I kind of depressed a little after that experience. Realizing that usually, Ibu will defend me and I never had this kind of conflict. This is adulting, it seems. We kind of need to face the world on our own. I also became more grateful because thank Allah, Mr. Darcy is with us. With his charming and calm presence, how he's handled situation with grace and zero anger; we need nothing more. My kids need to learn a lot from him. I, too need to learn much to control my anger.

So yeah here's for now. I struggle to type this long on my old laptop (and my old muscles lol) so we'll continue some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WOW Thank you!